1. We recommend using a ratio of 70g of coffee per 1 litre of filtered, low mineral water.
2. Grind the coffee on a medium setting (similar to granulated sugar).
3. Pour the coffee into the french press and place it onto a set of scales.
4. Zero the scale, start a timer and pour all the hot water onto the coffee. Give it a stir once all the water is added to break up any clumps.
5. Let the coffee brew for 4 minutes, then give it a final stir to knock the crust back into the brew.
6. For a cleaner cup, scoop off any foam from the surface of the liquid with a tablespoon.
7. Insert the plunger and press down gently. Pour the brewed coffee very slowly to limit the amount of sediment in your cup.
- Grind finer if the coffee tastes too acidic, grind courser if it’s too bitter.
- For a stronger/heavier brew, add more coffee (+1g), or fro a weaker/lighter brew, use less coffee (-1g).